Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Astonishing Anatomy of Ronald Searle

Matt Jones is steering the ship on a great cause and has asked some talented folks to help land a retrospective of Ronald Searle's work here in San Francisco! Searle In America would be the first of it's kind on the west coast. Below is my contribution and take on Searle's 'Morbid Anatomy' series... and a humble attempt at the pen and ink ninja grand master himself. I had a lot of fun working on this and am thankful to play a small role. I heart Ronald Searle and so does Matt. He runs a tribute blog with boat loads of treasure... enjoy :)


The Astonishing Anatomy of Ronald Searle 11x14 Acrylic on board

5 comments:

Matt Jones said...

A fine addition to the roster of talent I have lined up, and a fitting tribute to the master.

SeƱorita Tejon said...

Hi there! I know this is not quite the place to ask this, but I couldn't find your email. I was wondering where can I get a copy of your book: Wonders and Whatnots.
I hope there are some of them left!
Please let me know (:

willie real said...

senorita tejon, not at all... gracias for asking :) unfortunately wonders and whatnots is all gone :( good thing is i'm working on a new book as we chat which should be ready to go towards the end of the year so stay tuned! I'll be at APE here in SF if you're around.

Mike Bear said...

i love your hand writing.

and can you send that show up here to Seattle? pretty please?

Lucy Makuc said...

Tu trabajo es increĆ­ble! me inclino ante tan hermosos dibujos! Excelentes!